Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pinterest Recipes

I LOVE pinterest and I love to look for fun and new recipes to try out. Mark is a picky eater and by picky I mean he doesn't eat veggies or fruit. So its hard to find something he will like but when I do its like I hit the jackpot. So far I have found 2 dinner recipes that he just loves, I know when he likes it when he goes back for seconds. Recently I found a healthier recipe for a cheesecake. I am trying to be healthier and loose some baby weight but I still have a sweet tooth so what better than to find a healthier, sneaky way to eat cheesecake. But first let me share Mark's favorite ( and mine too)

Loaded Potato & Chicken Casserole
1 lb boneless chicken breasts; cubed 1"
6 medium skin on red potatoes; cut in 1/2" cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 t salt
1 t black pepper
1 T paprika
2 T garlic powder
2 T hot sauce; more if you like it HOT
TOPPING:
2 cups fiesta blend cheese; shredded
1 cup bacon; crumbled
1 cup diced green onion
How to Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish..
3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
4. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the the cheese, bacon, and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve With: extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing or sour cream!
***NOTE***
Thanks to Mark not liking onions I don't add any green onions to the main dish only to my portion as garnish

Skillet Enchilada Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 12 corn tortillas
  • small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 large can of red enchilada sauce (28 ounces)
  • 1 can of black olives
  • 1-2 cups of shredded cheese
  • sour cream for topping
Instructions
  1. Cut a dozen corn tortillas into bite size pieces.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in skillet on med high heat and pan fry tortillas until slightly toasted and lightly crispy.
  3. Remove from pan and brown onions and ground beef in same skillet, seasoning ground beef to taste, until ground beef is completely cooked and onions are softened.
  4. Add large can of enchilada sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
  5. Then add tortillas back into pan and stir.
  6. Top with black olives, shredded cheese and sour cream.
**I ran out of corn tortillas so in the end I add corn chips I had on hand and it worked out great too**

My new favorite Cheesecake inspired recipe.

1 6 oz. Greek Yogurt container ( I used vanilla but you can use plain)
1/2 T Cheesecake Jello pudding mix, sugar free & fat free
Splash of milk

Mix well and let sit. It might be a little grainy in the beginning but longer you let it sit the yummy it gets. I use granola on the bottom for the crust.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoy these new found recipes as much as me and my little family enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment