Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

One finger Wave CA vs. TX

As you drive thru the country here in Texas you can always be sure to get a finger wave from a passing truck. Now for those thinking its a bad thing it isn't. Everyone just drives with one hand on the wheel and to acknowledge the fellow driver they just lift one finger as to say hello. Which is such a nice gesture compared to the one finger wave you can get back home. When I first moved here all the waves hello caught me off guard but now it is the norm. For some reason I was trying to figure out if I knew the person or if they thought I was someone else but after time I figured out they are just being kind and saying hi. Now it may have to do with the fact that I drive a big ol' truck instead of a car. And every farmer/country person does drive a a big ol' truck. One day I'll have to try out the theory if I ever own a car.

Now not all the time do people give you the one finger salute in CA but it seems more often than not people in CA are easier pissed off while driving and don't take the time to say hi to a fellow driver. Don't get me wrong there are still people in CA that do wave hello to be friendly it just seems to not be the norm like it is here in Texas. 

Maybe Texans are just a little bit more friendly than the Bay Area people can be. This is just my random thought and observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment