Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Sheep Show is getting close

 More pictures of my dad's sheep. I can't say enough how proud I am of raising lambs for local 4-H and FFA kids in Santa Clara County. The best part of these sheep is that they get to compete in their own class at fair called Bred & Fed. The class is for only those animals that were bred and raised in Santa Clara County. It also gives the kids another chance to make it to the Champion round.




This lamb looks awesome and from what I hear looks even better in person if you can believe that! I can't wait to hear how this little guy and his owner do at the county fair next week.

I am also super proud of my dad. He is VERY hands on has a breeder. He does a ton of follow up on the lambs and even attends the showmanship practices. He just loves the kids that show and is VERY supportive. I know my dad was beyond supportive of me and my brother growing up and showing and it is carrying on with the younger generation of showers that aren't even related to us. My dad is just very much into the community and giving opportunities to those city kids who may not have the chances to be apart of agriculture like he did growing up.


I can't wait to hear how this lamb and kid do at fair. I know they have both worked hard to get where they are at. And I just hope the judge can see the hard work and make it pay off for the lamb owner. I would also love to see that lamb make it to Champion Round not only for the kid to be recognized but also for my dad to be able to get his picture and the recognition as the breeder.



My dad puts in alot of time and dedication to the lambs and the ewes. Now he is even added a ram to the collection of his little flock so he is BEYOND excited for all the possibilities he has as well as what the 4-H and FFA kids have in the community. I also know the neighborhood enjoys the lambs in the spring when they are bouncing around. Its the highlight of the neighborhood the lambs. 

Can't wait for next week especially Tuesday its Lamb show day!!! Cross your fingers and say a little prayer that all the kids do well and the judge is fair!





No comments:

Post a Comment