Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Another Oklahoma Adventure!!!

Aaron Watson live at the Wormy Dog Saloon
I love going and exploring new cities in new states. And I love how I live in a new place that allows me the ability to go on adventures and make a memory. This weekend was no different. I went up to Oklahoma City for a concert at the Wormy Dog Saloon!! It was a memorable concert that Aaron Watson put on in a tiny little saloon. The crowd was great and for some odd reason a couple thought it would be a good idea to get engaged during the concert at the bar. NO THANK YOU!!! So note to boys don't propose marriage to me at a bar!!! Before we even headed to the bar we made a random trip to Toby Keith's bar and grill for dinner and drinks and that was ok. We saw a mini concert there before we even saw the main show at Wormy Dog.
The best part of the weekend besides the concert was running all over town and playing tourist from the truck! We saw the capitol building, bricktown, the amazing murals through downtown and we braved the cold and got out to see the OKC bombing memorial. It was very peaceful and beautiful. I am so glad I braved the cold to experience the outdoor memorial sadly the indoor one was closed because it was a Sunday but that's ok I believe the outdoor speaks loudly for itself. And of course no trip to a new city is complete without a stop to a Bass Pro! So a stop was made and it was neat unlike other bass pro I've been to this had more of a Oklahoma feel with buffalo everywhere and a little Indian vibe to it as well. I'm a big fan of the shooting range at Bass Pro and this one didn't disappoint, among the targets was one where if you hit it a bull would start to buck. I also felt like a little kid all over again when I got to smash a penny into a shape representing bass Pro. I remember doing the pennies from all our random vacations as a kid. I wish I knew where I put all of those pennies from my past.
Painted Buffaloes where all over downtown OKC



I had a blast in OKC  and I can't wait to go back to OKC in the spring I feel I have so much more to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment