Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Theme

As I listen to a personal trainer/life coach talk about what it believes we all need to motivate our selves to want to be better he asked a great question......."What is your theme for the year?" That is an amazing question. What is my theme for 2014/ I had such a great 2013 with so many memories and so many new adventures. But after some thinking I think i figured out my theme PROGRESS.

The definition of progress is: 

1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
2. Development or growth: students who show progress.
3. Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress. See Synonyms at development.
4. A ceremonial journey made by a sovereign through his or her realm.
intr.v. pro·gress (pr-grs) pro·gressed, pro·gress·ing, pro·gress·es
1. To advance; proceed: Work on the new building progressed at a rapid rate.
2. To advance toward a higher or better stage; improve steadily: as medical technology progresses.
3. To increase in scope or severity, as a disease taking an unfavorable course.

In this goal I plan to progress in so many different areas. I want to progress in my relationship with my family, Mark and friends. I want to progress to be the best mommy to Landry. I want to progress in my work and passion for agriculture. I want to progress in becoming a better well rounded person. Hopefully I will be able to do this daily.

I think picking a goal for 2014 is a great idea and a way to strive to have a goal. I think this is WAY better than doing a new year resolution. I think from now on it is going to be picking my yearly theme. I look forward to seeing how this theme plays itself out and how I do progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment