Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tornado Alley

They weren't fooling when they said that Texas and Oklahoma are in Tornado Alley. Sadly in the last week we have had 2 major tornado storms that have done lots of damage. Last week alone the tornado storm produced 16 tornadoes that touched down in the state of Texas. One the most damage was in Granbury, Texas and it did the most damage in Texas and that is only 2 hours away if that. And sadly last night there was another tornado that came through in Oklahoma and took out most of a whole town. That is about 3.5 hours away from me.

It does make me wish I didn't live in an apartment and a house with a storm shelter. Or live in a house with bubble wrap all around it so nothing bad can happen. But at least I can say with technology the warning are getting better. My phone was going off warning about tornado watch to a serve thunderstorm. I'm OK with a serve thunderstorm I am not OK with tornado watch. The weather channel has been my friend for the last week and I can't believe how much I have learned about tornadoes. However this California kid will still take a Earthquake over a tornado any day. You don't know when earthquakes are coming and they only last for about 1 minute if that some times. And most of the time you sleep through earthquakes. And the really big ones do damage yes, but at least in CA we have built our building to withstand the shaking and rolling a earthquake can do. It is hard to build a house that can withstand 200mph winds and debris being chucked at that speed.

I pray for all those affected by the recent Tornados and I hope those are safe and warm has a rain/hail storm is moving in this way today to the areas affected. I pray that all those that are working to find survivors are safe and those who did not make it went peacefully and without pain. In times like this you see the true human spirit in taking care of fellow man.

No comments:

Post a Comment