Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

FFA Week - Looking Back

It's FFA week in case any one has missed it. But if you are on Facebook you can't miss it! Everyone is posting pictures wearing the blue jacket! I am PROUD to say that I own 2 FFA jackets and wore them proudly! I loved every minute of being in FFA ! I am so grateful for the memories and the friends that I made because of  FFA. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't talk to someone who was in FFA with me or not. It is nice to have such a common bond with so many people all from a little blue jacket. 

Proud member of the Pioneer FFA and Santa Clara Section!
Growing up in the City that doesn't value Agriculture wearing the blue jacket was hard at times because so many made fun of it. But I would like to think because of the little blue jacket that it made me who I am now. I wouldn't have it any other way growing up! I loved that I was in FFA and so was my Dad heck we even had the same AG teacher at one point! Yes, my ag teacher was that old. LOL 

The bond is like no other when you spend HOURS in the AG van to get to a conference or to a contest. You learn a lot about your class mates as well as your teachers. 

I am saddened that so many in the town I grew up will never get to know that bond or the dedication to something that is bigger than a football game or a play. So many young people in the city can use an organization like the FFA to find themselves and get on the right path. I BELIEVE in the blue jacket and I BELIEVE in the words of the Creed that we all must learn as Greenhands. 

You may out grown the Blue Jacket but you never outgrown the experience!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment