Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fort Worth Stock Show

Violet the Heifer Soaking in the sunshine!

Only at FWSSR would there still be a live band at the rodeo.


Rodeo Clown meets Moto Cross!!
Calf Scramble!



It's stock show season in Texas, which means its the next best thing to football in the state. First time ever to the Ft. Worth Stock Show and I'm already hooked and love it!!! I went for the first time with Chrissy and we hung out in the cattle barns all day. I forgot how much I love being in those barns. I also walked over and got to see Planet Ag, AG magic and the Southwest Dairy Milking display and of course I loved it!! It was also nice to take one our 4-H kids to see all of it and see it through her eyes. I love seeing people learning about Agriculture and have fun doing it. Got to go back again 2 days later and see more than just the cattle barns. I got to see the hog,sheep, poultry , horse and shopping areas. On top of it all I got to go to my first Texas rodeo!! It was a great day with people I heart!!! I have never seen Chuck Wagon races before but I do believe I have found my new favorite sport. I have never been so exciting to see a team of horses racing it was great!!! But the most interesting thing was the rodeo still has a live band that plays music while the boys are riding and for the shows. It was a great way to stick to tradition at the 116th FWSSR!!!
My first weekend experience at FWSSR was a success and I can't wait to go back while its still running until Feb. 4th. I look forward to many more trips to the stock show in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment